[openstack-dev] [Fuel] Support for plugins in fuel client

Igor Kalnitsky ikalnitsky at mirantis.com
Wed Jun 18 09:42:56 UTC 2014

Hi guys,

Actually, I'm not a fun of cliff, but I think it's a good solution to use
it in our fuel client.

Here some pros:

* pluggable design: we can encapsulate entire command logic in separate
plugin file
* builtin output formatters: we no need to implement various formatters to
represent received data
* interactive mode: cliff makes possible to provide a shell mode, just like
psql do

Well, I vote to use cliff inside fuel client. Yeah, I know, we need to
rewrite a lot of code, but we
can do it step-by-step.

- Igor