[openstack-dev] [TripleO] pacemaker management tools

Howley, Tom tom.howley at hp.com
Wed Jun 18 09:31:36 UTC 2014

Jan/Adam,

Is cibadmin available in the different distros? This can be used to update the CIB based on XML description of full pacemaker config. I have used this on ubuntu in the past and found it more reliable than using crm commands for automated deployment/configuration of pacemaker clusters. It also has patch facility, which I haven't used.

I wouldn't have assumed that the pacemaker config needed to be a static file baked into an image. If cibadmin is an option, the different elements requiring pacemaker control could supply their relevant XML snippets (based off config values supplied via heat) and a pacemaker/pacemaker-config element could apply those XML configs to the running cluster (with checks for resource naming clashes, etc.) Does that sound like a possible approach?

Tom