[openstack-dev] [tempest} virtual environment or not?

Mike Spreitzer mspreitz at us.ibm.com
Wed Jun 18 07:23:01 UTC 2014

Suppose I have just used DevStack to install and startup OpenStack, and I
want to use tempest to check that my shiny new OpenStack is copacetic.
Should I use testr directly, or use tox or run_tempest.sh to wrap it in a
virtual environment?  I see that tempest's README.rst says that I *can*,
but why would I want to?  DevStack has already set up my environment for
the system that tempest will test; making a venv for tempest risks
introducing some inconsistency, right?

Thanks,
Mike