[openstack-dev] [Fuel] Support for plugins in fuel client

Dmitriy Shulyak dshulyak at mirantis.com
Wed Jun 18 06:14:10 UTC 2014

Hi folks,

I am wondering what our story/vision for plugins in fuel client [1]?

We can benefit from using cliff [2] as framework for fuel cli, apart from
common code
for building cli applications on top of argparse, it provides nice feature
that allows to
dynamicly add actions by means of entry points (stevedore-like).

So we will be able to add new actions for fuel client simply by installing
separate packages with correct entry points.

Afaik stevedore is not used there, but i think it will be - cause of same
author and maintainer.

Do we need this? Maybe there is other options?

Thanks

[1] https://github.com/stackforge/fuel-web/tree/master/fuelclient
[2]  https://github.com/openstack/cliff