[openstack-dev] [metrics] How to group activity in git/gerrit repositories

Jeremy Stanley fungi at yuggoth.org
Wed Jun 18 00:45:29 UTC 2014

On 2014-06-17 17:32:25 -0700 (-0700), Stefano Maffulli wrote:
[...]
> On the infra program, how do you separate OpenStack-related
> contributions to a repository like - repo: openstack-infra/gerrit, which
> is a fork of upstream gerrit, from the commits of upstream, non
> openstack people? In the past we've simply excluded from the count all
> the forks but wondered if there is a better way.

If you query gerrit for them, you will get results for any commits
which correspond to a change we added on the fork and no results
from the commits which were imported from the upstream project. Also
the git notes on commits we added will include identifying details
such as the URL to review.openstack.org, which should help to
differentiate them.
--
Jeremy Stanley