[openstack-dev] [glance] Unifying configuration file

Arnaud Legendre alegendre at vmware.com
Tue Jun 17 15:30:44 UTC 2014

@ZhiYan: I don't like the idea of removing the sample configuration file(s) from the git repository. Many people do not want to have to checkout the entire codebase and tox every time they have to verify a variable name in a configuration file. I know many people who were really frustrated where they realized that the sample config file was gone from the Nova repo.
However, I agree with the fact that it would be better if the sample was 100% accurate: so the way I would love to see this working is to generate the sample file every time there is a config change (this being totally automated (maybe at the gate level...)).

@Julien: I would be interested to understand the value that you see of having only one config file? At this point, I don't see why managing one file is more complicated than managing several files especially when they are organized by categories. Also, scrolling through the registry settings every time I want to modify an api setting seem to add some overhead.

Thanks,
Arnaud