[openstack-dev] New Contributor Agreement is not working?

Stefano Maffulli stefano at openstack.org
Tue Jun 17 14:40:46 UTC 2014

Hi Sami,

sorry for this. I suspect there is something going on with gerrit which
throws the inappropriate error message (more below).

On 06/17/2014 12:57 AM, "Sami J. Mäkinen" wrote:
> For several weeks now, I just always get an error message included below.

In these cases and in general, don't wait several weeks to ask for help:
jump on IRC and ask for help there. People there will point you in the
right direction.

Now, on how to solve the issue:

> ***
>
> Code Review - Error
> Server Error
> Cannot store contact information
> (button) Continue
>
> ***

I and Anita helped another new developer yesterday, on IRC, with a
similar issue. As Russell Bryant suggested make sure you have followed
*to the letter* the instructions on
https://wiki.openstack.org/wiki/HowToContribute#Contributors_License_Agreement,
including

    "make sure to give on https://www.openstack.org/join/ the same
     E-mail address you'll use for code contributions, since the
     Primary Email Address in your Foundation Profile will need to
     match the Preferred Email you set later in your Gerrit contact
     information."

If you already did that, on
https://review.openstack.org/#/settings/contact make sure that you have
entered valid details for you mailing address, country and phone number.
Valid contact information is required but I suspect that gerrit either
doesn't save it correctly all the time or doesn't throw any error if the
data is left empty. Try filling in the form and save changes. You should
have a warning on that page saying something like "Contact information
last updated on $DATE at $TIME."

Hop on IRC to debug this further.

/stef