[openstack-dev] [Neutron] - Location for common third-party libs?

Armando M. armamig at gmail.com
Tue Jun 17 07:42:02 UTC 2014

I don't think that a common area as being proposed is a silver bullet for
solving packaging issues, such as this one. Knowing that the right source
tree bits are dropped onto the file system is not enough to guarantee that
the end-to-end solution will work on a specific distro. Other issues may
arise after configuration and execution.

IMO, this is a bug in the packages spec, and should be taken care of during
the packaging implementation, testing and validation.

That said, I think the right approach is to provide a 'python-neutron'
package that installs the entire source tree; the specific plugin package
can then take care of the specifics, like config files.

Armando