[openstack-dev] [nova][cinder] Refactor ISCSIDriver to support other iSCSI transports besides TCP

Yuriy Taraday yorik.sar at gmail.com
Tue Jun 17 04:52:27 UTC 2014

Hello, Shlomi.

On Tue, Mar 25, 2014 at 7:07 PM, Shlomi Sasson <shlomis at mellanox.com> wrote:

>  I want to share with the community the following challenge:
>
> Currently, Vendors who have their iSCSI driver, and want to add RDMA
> transport (iSER), cannot leverage their existing plug-in which inherit from
> iSCSI
>
> And must modify their driver or create an additional plug-in driver which
> inherit from iSER, and copy the exact same code.
>

> Instead I believe a simpler approach is to add a new attribute to
> ISCSIDriver to support other iSCSI transports besides TCP, which will allow
> minimal changes to support iSER.
>
> The existing ISERDriver code will be removed, this will eliminate
> significant code and class duplication, and will work with all the iSCSI
> vendors who supports both TCP and RDMA without the need to modify their
> plug-in drivers.

I remember Ann working on https://review.openstack.org/#/c/45393 and it has
landed since.

That change leaves ISERDriver just for backward compatibility and
allows ISCSIDriver and any its descendant to use iscsi_helper='iseradm' to
provide iSER usage.

Aren't those changes enough for this? What else is needed here?

--

Kind regards, Yuriy.