[openstack-dev] [Neutron] - Location for common third-party libs?

Salvatore Orlando sorlando at nicira.com
Mon Jun 16 22:29:10 UTC 2014

I think there's is no suitable place at the moment in the source code tree.
"common" and "plugin specific" indeed are semantically a bit at odds too!
I am considering moving all "library" code for the vmware plugins outside
of the source code tree, into their own package, maintained separately and
independently from neutron release cycles.

I'm not sure if and when that will happen, but I think it will beneficial
to both the community and the vmware team.
That's something you might consider for your libraries too, if you can't
sort that with packagers as Anita said.

A situation like this will however put distros which package plugins in
distinct packages in a tight spot, as it would look rather weird to have
the bigswitch plugin as a dependency for the ml2 plugin (I don't think
drivers are packages separately)

Salvatore