[openstack-dev] [TripleO] Use MariaDB by default on Fedora

Gregory Haynes greg at greghaynes.net
Mon Jun 16 21:04:19 UTC 2014

Excerpts from Jan Provazník's message of 2014-06-16 20:28:29 +0000:
> Hi,
> MariaDB is now included in Fedora repositories, this makes it easier to
> install and more stable option for Fedora installations. Currently
> MariaDB can be used by including mariadb (use mariadb.org pkgs) or
> mariadb-rdo (use redhat RDO pkgs) element when building an image. What
> do you think about using MariaDB as default option for Fedora when
> running devtest scripts?

Id like to give this a try. This does start to change us from being a
deployment of openstck to being a deployment per distro but IMO thats a
reasonable position.

Id also like to propose that if we decide against doing this then these
elements should not live in tripleo-image-elements.

Cheers,
Greg

--
Gregory Haynes