[openstack-dev] [metrics] How to group activity in git/gerrit repositories

Ilya Shakhat ishakhat at mirantis.com
Mon Jun 16 19:25:43 UTC 2014

Let me explain how Stackalytics grouping works.

Most of groups are created from the official programs <http://programs.yaml>
.yaml. Every program turns into item in the module list (colored in
violet), for example 'Nova Compute' is a group containing 'nova',
'python-novaclient' and 'nova-specs'. Every type of repo (integrated,
incubated and others) turns into the project type, for example 'integrated'
type would contain all modules for a chosen release.

Also Stackalytics has a few custom project types
<https://github.com/stackforge/stackalytics/blob/master/etc/default_data.json#L7833-L7879>,
for example 'infra' is every project under 'openstack-infra' git, or
'documentation' which is the group 'documentation' from programs.yaml.
Custom module groups
<https://github.com/stackforge/stackalytics/blob/master/etc/default_data.json#L7749-L7778>
are also possible, but actually used for stackforge projects only.
Currently there's no group for python clients, but it would be very easy to
add such group.

Thanks,
Ilya