[openstack-dev] [TripleO] Backwards compatibility policy for our projects

Duncan Thomas duncan.thomas at gmail.com
Mon Jun 16 16:41:49 UTC 2014

On 16 June 2014 17:30, Jason Rist <jrist at redhat.com> wrote:
> I'm going to have to agree with Tomas here.  There doesn't seem to be
> any reasonable expectation of backwards compatibility for the reasons
> he outlined, despite some downstream releases that may be impacted.

Backward compatibility is a hard habit to get into, and easy to put
off. If you're not making any guarantees now, when are you going to
start making them? How much breakage can users expect? Without wanting
to look entirely like a troll, should TripleO be dropped as an
official until it can start making such guarantees? I think every
other official OpenStack project has a stable API policy of some kind,
even if they don't entirely match...