[openstack-dev] [neutron] [third-party] Current status of Neutron 3rd Party CI and how to move forward

Salvatore Orlando sorlando at nicira.com
Mon Jun 16 13:52:11 UTC 2014

I will probably be unable, as usual, to attend today's CI meeting (falls
right around my dinner time).
I think it's a good idea to starting keeping track of the status of the
various CI systems, but I feel the etherpad will not work very well in the
long term.

However, it would be great if we could start devising a solution for having
"health" reports from the various CI systems.
This report should report the following kind of information:
- timestamp of last run
- timestamp of last vote (a system might start job which then get aborted
for CI infra problems)
- % of success vs failures (not sure how important is that one but provides
a metric of comparison with upstream jenkins)
- % of disagreements with jenkins (this might allow us to quickly spot
those CI systems which are randomly -1'ing patches)

The percentage metrics might be taken over a 48 hours or 7 days interval,
or both.
Does this idea sound reasonable?

Also, regarding [1]. I agree that more is always better...  but I would
like a minimum required set of tests to be enforced.
Is this something that can be achieved?

Salvatore

[1] https://wiki.openstack.org/wiki/NeutronThirdPartyTesting