[openstack-dev] revert hacking to 0.8 series

Sean Dague sean at dague.net
Mon Jun 16 12:15:54 UTC 2014

Hacking 0.9 series was released pretty late for Juno. The entire check
queue was flooded this morning with requirements proposals failing pep8
because of it (so at 6am EST we were waiting 1.5 hrs for a check node).

The previous soft policy with pep8 updates was that we set a pep8
version basically release week, and changes stopped being done for style
after first milestone.

I think in the spirit of that we should revert the hacking requirements
update back to the 0.8 series for Juno. We're past milestone 1, so
shouldn't be working on style only fixes at this point.

Proposed review here - https://review.openstack.org/#/c/100231/

I also think in future hacking major releases need to happen within one
week of release, or not at all for that series.

	-Sean

--
Sean Dague
http://dague.net