[openstack-dev] [Neutron] REST API - entity level validation

Avishay Balderman AvishayB at Radware.com
Mon Jun 16 11:27:50 UTC 2014

Salvatore
Will Neutron is going to follow Nova?
https://blueprints.launchpad.net/nova/+spec/nova-api-validation-fw

Avishay

From: Salvatore Orlando [mailto:sorlando at nicira.com]
Sent: Monday, June 16, 2014 12:36 AM
To: OpenStack Development Mailing List (not for usage questions)
Subject: Re: [openstack-dev] [Neutron] REST API - entity level validation

Avishay,

what you say here is correct.
However, as we are in the process of moving to Pecan as REST API framework I would probably refrain from adding new features to it at this stage.

Therefore, even if far from ideal, this kind of validation should perhaps be performed in the DB layer. I think this already happens for several API resources.

Salvatore