[openstack-dev] [FUEL] Authentication in FUEL meeting notes

Alexander Kislitsky akislitsky at mirantis.com
Mon Jun 16 09:42:24 UTC 2014

16.07.2014 meeting results:

Participants:
L. Oles
N. Markov
V. Kramskikh
A. Kislitsky

Acceptance points of authentication in FUEL:

   1.

   Each project (nailgun, CLI, UI, OSTF) should authenticate in Keystone
   and use received token in other services requests
   2.

   Authentication can be enabled or disabled by parameters in settings for
   each project
   3.

   We should have tests coverage with and without authentication
   4.

   We should implement default strategy(policy) for API requests -
   authentication required, but for some requests should be excluded from
   authentication checking (for example adding node, checking is
   authentication enabled in nailgun API)
   5. Nailgun API should handle Keystone tokens
   6. We should have human oriented error messages for Keystone and
   authentication errors