[openstack-dev] [Neutron] [FWaaS] [sequritygroup] [Development]

Israel Ziv israel.ziv at huawei.com
Sun Jun 15 12:55:24 UTC 2014

Hi!
Please let me know if I've reached the proper group.
I am going through neutron's code and have a few questions.

1.       I understood that

a.       'securitygroups' enables intra-subnet "firewall" and is aimed to allow/deny traffic between tenants.

b.      'FWaaS' enables inter-subnet "firewall" and is aimed to allow/deny traffic within tenant.

c.       Did I understand correctly?

2.       Does a securitygroup rule generation have effect on the perimeter firewall of the cloud?

Regards
Israel Ziv