[openstack-dev] [Neutron][Swift][third-party] Most Third Party CI's failing

Sukhdev Kapur sukhdevkapur at gmail.com
Sun Jun 15 00:45:05 UTC 2014

I noticed this afternoon (Saturday PST 1:18pm) that most of the Third Party
test systems started to fail because of the seuptools bug because of
dependency in python-swiftclient. I further noticed that some of the CI's
are voting +1, but, when I look through the logs, they seem to be hitting
this issue as well.

I have been on #openstack-infra most of the afternoon discussing various
options suggested by folks. Infra folks have confirmed this issue and are
looking for solution.  I tried fixes suggested in [1] and [2] below and
removed the setuptools and reinstalled version 3.8. This did not help. I
have opened the bug[3] to track this issue.

I thought I send out this message in case other CI maintainers are
investigating this issue.

Please share ideas/thoughts so that we can get the CIs fixed as soon as
possible.

Thanks
-Sukhdev

[1] https://bugs.launchpad.net/python-swiftclient/+bug/1326972