[openstack-dev] masking X-Auth-Token in debug output - proposed consistency

Gordon Chung chungg at ca.ibm.com
Fri Jun 13 00:46:38 UTC 2014

> I'm hoping we can just ACK this approach, and get folks to start moving
> patches through the clients to clean this all up.

just an fyi, in pyCADF, we obfuscate tokens similar to how credit cards
are handled: by capturing a percentage of leading and trailing characters
and substituting the middle ie. "4724 xxxxxxxx 8478". whatever we decide
here, i'm all for having a consistent way of masking and minimising tokens
in OpenStack.

cheers,
gordon chung
openstack, ibm software standards