[openstack-dev] [nova] Distributed locking

Devananda van der Veen devananda.vdv at gmail.com
Fri Jun 13 00:29:36 UTC 2014

Ironic has a simple lock mechanism for nodes to ensure that, if the
hash ring rebalances while an operation is in progress, the second
conductor doesn't trample on the work that the first conductor is
doing until it's finished (and releases the lock).

Right now, it's got a simple DB backing. We've discussed making it
more pluggable. I'd be all for there being a common openstack way to
do this, preferably in oslo.

/me adds tooz to my list of things to read

Cheers,
-Deva