[openstack-dev] NFV in OpenStack use cases and context

ramki Krishnan ramk at Brocade.com
Thu Jun 12 19:47:49 UTC 2014

Yathi - many thanks for adding more NFV context.

Alan - many thanks for the interest and would be glad to have further discussions.

Thanks,
Ramki

-----Original Message-----
From: Yathiraj Udupi (yudupi) [mailto:yudupi at cisco.com]
Sent: Thursday, June 12, 2014 11:53 AM
To: Alan Kavanagh
Subject: Re: [openstack-dev] NFV in OpenStack use cases and context

Hi Alan,

Our Smart (Solver) Scheduler blueprint
(https://blueprints.launchpad.net/nova/+spec/solver-scheduler ) has been in the works in the Nova community since late 2013.  We have demoed at the Hong Kong summit, as well as the Atlanta summit,  use cases using this smart scheduler for better, optimized resource placement with complex constrained scenarios.  So to let you know this work was started as a smart way of doing scheduling, applicable in general and not limited to NFV.  Currently we feel NFV is a killer app for driving this blueprint and work ahead, however is applicable for all kinds of resource placement scenarios.

We will be very interested in finding out more about your blueprints that you are referring to here, and see how it can be integrated as part of our future roadmap.

Thanks,
Yathi.