[openstack-dev] [oslo][messaging] Further improvements and refactoring

Doug Hellmann doug.hellmann at dreamhost.com
Thu Jun 12 19:36:54 UTC 2014

On Wed, Jun 11, 2014 at 4:08 PM, Mark McLoughlin <markmc at redhat.com> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> On Tue, 2014-06-10 at 15:47 +0400, Dina Belova wrote:
>> Dims,
>>

>> No problem with creating the specs, we just want to understand if the
>> community is OK with our suggestions in general :)
>> If so, I'll create the appropriate specs and we'll discuss them :)
>
> Personally, I find it difficult to understand the proposals as currently
> described and how they address the performance problems you say you see.
>
> The specs process should help flesh out your ideas so they are more
> understandable. On the other hand, it's pretty difficult to have an
> abstract conversation about code re-factoring. So, some combination of
> proof-of-concept patches and specs will probably work best.

+1

I share Flavio's concern about the change to the server/executor
relationship. Those classes were designed the way they are now after
much discussion and thought, in order to let us support multiple
threading models without each server having to know those details.

Having a more detailed spec proposal to review will help clarify the
sorts of changes being proposed.

Doug