[openstack-dev] [Nova][QA] Disabling the v3 API tests in the gate

Christopher Yeoh cbkyeoh at gmail.com
Thu Jun 12 15:11:19 UTC 2014

On Fri, Jun 13, 2014 at 12:25 AM, Dan Smith <dms at danplanet.com> wrote:

> I think it'd be OK to move them to the experimental queue and a periodic
>> nightly job until the v2.1 stuff shakes out.  The v3 API is marked
>> experimental right now so it seems fitting that it'd be running tests in
>> the experimental queue until at least the spec is approved and
>> microversioning starts happening in the code base.
>>

> I think this is reasonable. Continuing to run the full set of tests on
> every patch for something we never expect to see the light of day (in its
> current form) seems wasteful to me. Plus, we're going to (presumably) be
> ramping up tests on v2.1, which means to me that we'll need to clear out
> some capacity to make room for that.

Thats true, though I was suggesting as v2.1microversions rolls out  we drop
the test out of v3 and move it to v2.1microversions testing, so there's no
change in capacity required.

Matt - how much of the time overhead is scenario tests? That's something
that would have a lot less impact if moved to and experimental queue.
Although the v3 api as a whole won't be officially exposed, the api tests
test specific features fairly indepdently which are slated for
v2.1microversions on a case by case basis and I don't want to see those
regress. I guess my concern is how often the experimental queue results get
really looked at and how hard/quick it is to revert when lots of stuff
merges in a short period of time)

Chris