[openstack-dev] Gate proposal - drop Postgresql configurations in the gate

Mike Bayer mbayer at redhat.com
Thu Jun 12 14:38:01 UTC 2014

On 6/12/14, 8:26 AM, Julien Danjou wrote:
> On Thu, Jun 12 2014, Sean Dague wrote:
>
>> That's not cacthable in unit or functional tests?
> Not in an accurate manner, no.
>
>> Keeping jobs alive based on the theory that they might one day be useful
>> is something we just don't have the liberty to do any more. We've not
>> seen an idle node in zuul in 2 days... and we're only at j-1. j-3 will
>> be at least +50% of this load.
> Sure, I'm not saying we don't have a problem. I'm just saying it's not a
> good solution to fix that problem IMHO.

Just my 2c without having a full understanding of all of OpenStack's CI
environment, Postgresql is definitely different enough that MySQL
"strict mode" could still allow issues to slip through quite easily, and
also as far as capacity issues, this might be longer term but I'm hoping
to get database-related tests to be lots faster if we can move to a
model that spends much less time creating databases and schemas.