[openstack-dev] masking X-Auth-Token in debug output - proposed consistency

Chmouel Boudjnah chmouel at enovance.com
Thu Jun 12 12:18:29 UTC 2014

On Thu, Jun 12, 2014 at 1:59 PM, Sean Dague <sean at dague.net> wrote:

> The only thing it makes harder is you have to generate your own token to
> run the curl command. The rest is there.

Well I would have imagine that the curl command debug are here so people
can easily copy and paste them and/or tweak them, but sure it would just
make it a bit harder.

> Because everyone is running our
> servers at debug levels, it means the clients are going to be running
> debug level as well (yay python logging!), so this is something I don't
> think people realized was a huge issue.

so maybe the issue is that those curl commands shows up in server log when
they should only output when running swift/nova/etc/client --debug, right?

Chmouel