[openstack-dev] Gate proposal - drop Postgresql configurations in the gate

Sean Dague sean at dague.net
Thu Jun 12 12:06:38 UTC 2014

We're definitely deep into capacity issues, so it's going to be time to
start making tougher decisions about things we decide aren't different
enough to bother testing on every commit.

Previously we've been testing Postgresql in the gate because it has a
stricter interpretation of SQL than MySQL. And when we didn't test
Postgresql it regressed. I know, I chased it for about 4 weeks in grizzly.

However Monty brought up a good point at Summit, that MySQL has a strict
mode. That should actually enforce the same strictness.

My proposal is that we land this change to devstack -
https://review.openstack.org/#/c/97442/ and backport it to past devstack
branches.

Then we drop the pg jobs, as the differences between the 2 configs
should then be very minimal. All the *actual* failures we've seen
between the 2 were completely about this strict SQL mode interpretation.

	-Sean

--
Sean Dague
http://dague.net