[openstack-dev] Problematic gate-tempest-dsvm-virtual-ironic job

Sean Dague sean at dague.net
Thu Jun 12 11:40:14 UTC 2014

Current gate-tempest-dsvm-virtual-ironic has only a 65% pass rate *in
the gate* over the last 48 hrs -
http://logstash.openstack.org/#eyJzZWFyY2giOiJidWlsZF9uYW1lOmdhdGUtdGVtcGVzdC1kc3ZtLXZpcnR1YWwtaXJvbmljIEFORCAobWVzc2FnZTpcIkZpbmlzaGVkOiBTVUNDRVNTXCIgT1IgbWVzc2FnZTpcIkZpbmlzaGVkOiBGQUlMVVJFXCIpIiwiZmllbGRzIjpbXSwib2Zmc2V0IjowLCJ0aW1lZnJhbWUiOiIxNzI4MDAiLCJncmFwaG1vZGUiOiJjb3VudCIsInRpbWUiOnsidXNlcl9pbnRlcnZhbCI6MH0sInN0YW1wIjoxNDAyNTcyMjk4NTE4LCJtb2RlIjoic2NvcmUiLCJhbmFseXplX2ZpZWxkIjoiYnVpbGRfc3RhdHVzIn0=

This job is run on diskimage-builder and ironic jobs in the the gate
queue. Those jobs are now part of the integrated gate queue due to the
overlap with oslotest jobs.

This is *really* problematic, and too low to be voting. Anything < 90%
pass rate is really an issue.

It looks like these issues are actually structural with the job, because
unlike our other configurations which aggressively try to avoid network
interaction (which we've found is too unreliable), this job adds the
cloud archive repository on the fly, and pulls content from there.
That's never going to have a high success rate.

I'm proposing we turn this off - https://review.openstack.org/#/c/99630/

The ironic team needs to go back to the drawing board a little here and
work on getting all the packages and repositories they need pulled down
into nodepool so we can isolate from network effects before we can make
this job gating again.

	-Sean

--
Sean Dague