[openstack-dev] promote blueprint about deferred deletion for volumes

Yuzhou (C) vitas.yuzhou at huawei.com
Thu Jun 12 09:36:23 UTC 2014

@ john,

    Thank you for your comments.

	About blueprint volume-delete-protect : https://review.openstack.org/#/c/97034/,  I think deferred deletion for volumes is valuable,  it seems to me that should be sufficient.

	Firstly currently in cinder, calling the API of deleting volume means the volume will be deleted immediately. If the user specify a wrong volume by mistake, the data in the volume may be lost forever. To avoid this, we hope to add a deferred deletion mechanism for volumes. So for a certain amount of time, volumes can be restored after the user find a misuse of deleting volume. So I think deferred deletion for volumes is valuable

	Moreover, there are deferred deletion implements for instance in nova and image in glance, I think it is very common feature to protected important resource.

    So I would like to promote this blueprint as soon.

@all,

    I have submit this blueprint https://review.openstack.org/#/c/97034/,  It introduces some complexity, still exists different options. So I would like to get more feedback about this bp.

Thanks.

Zhou Yu