[openstack-dev] [Trove] Datastore integration testing

Denis Makogon dmakogon at mirantis.com
Wed Jun 11 13:32:46 UTC 2014

Good day, Stackers, Trove community.

I’d like to start thread related to Datastore testing infrastructure.

Why does we need it?

At this time Trove has integrated more than databases. To be precise:

   -

   MySQL
   -

      mysql-server
      -

      percona
      -

   Cassandra
   -

   MongoDB
   -

   Redis
   -

   Couchbase

For now Trove integration tests are pinned to MySQL database. And we need
to be able to run integration tests for all of them automatically, to avoid
manual verification (spin redstack, build image, run tests) of each new
datastore that was proposed for integration.

How can it be accomplished?

    There’s one thing
<https://bugs.launchpad.net/trove-integration/+bug/1328557> that blocks us
from building new gates for each datastores and we have proposed solution
<https://review.openstack.org/#/c/84964/> that will deal with described
issue.

    Other thing is building another gates. For those of you who interested
in it, please take a look at what Nikhil had proposed
<https://review.openstack.org/#/c/98517/>. That type of gate will give us
an ability to accomplish continuous delivery of datastore-specific images.

Plans TODO

    I’d like to involve Trove-core team into this discussion, since there’s
any issue that should be review/approved/merged as soon as possible.

    After that, as for me, next plan looks like:

   1.

   Cassandra-image building/delivery gate.
   2.

   Cassandra-integration-tests gate.
   3.

   MongoDB-image building/delivery gate.
   4.

   MongoDB-integration-tests gate.
   5.

   Redis-image building/delivery gate.
   6.

   Redis-integration-tests gate.
   7.

   Couchbase-image building/delivery gate.
   8.

   Couchbase-integration-tests gate.

P.S.:For those of you who interested in building another gates, before
building another image/integration-tests gate please ensure that chosen
datastore passing all integration tests.

Best regards,

Denis Makogon