[openstack-dev] NFV in OpenStack use cases and context

ramki Krishnan ramk at Brocade.com
Tue Jun 10 22:01:06 UTC 2014

Hi Steve,

We are have OpenStack gap analysis documents in ETSI NFV under member only access. I can work on getting public version of the documents (at least a draft) to fuel the kick start.

Thanks,
Ramki

-----Original Message-----
From: Steve Gordon [mailto:sgordon at redhat.com]
Sent: Tuesday, June 10, 2014 12:06 PM
To: OpenStack Development Mailing List (not for usage questions)
Cc: Chris Wright; Nicolas Lemieux
Subject: Re: [openstack-dev] [NFV] Re: NFV in OpenStack use cases and context

----- Original Message -----
> From: "Steve Gordon" <sgordon at redhat.com>
> To: "Stephen Wong" <stephen.kf.wong at gmail.com>

To try and kick start things I have created a table on the wiki [1] based on the *DRAFT* NFV Performance & Portability Best Practises document [2]. This really lists workload types rather than specific applications, although I've put in an examples column we can populate with them.

I find it a useful way to quickly break down some of the characteristics of NFV applications at a glance. What do people think of this as something to start with? Remember, it's a wiki! So anyone is welcome to either expand the table or start adding more concrete user stories (e.g. around ETSI NFV use case number 5 that Itai and I have been referring to, or any other VNF for that matter) in this section (we may/want need to create a separate page but for now it seems OK to get started here).

Thanks,

Steve

[1] https://wiki.openstack.org/wiki/Meetings/NFV#Use_Cases
[2] http://docbox.etsi.org/ISG/NFV/Open/Latest_Drafts/NFV-PER001v009%20-%20NFV%20Performance%20&%20Portability%20Best%20Practises.pdf