[openstack-dev] [neutron] [nova] "ssh timeout" bug status update

Kyle Mestery mestery at noironetworks.com
Tue Jun 10 21:43:34 UTC 2014

I wanted to update people on this bug [1], which until the weekend was
affecting the gate. After spending a week and a half debugging this
issue with Armax and Salvatore, we've come to the conclusion this is
not a Neutron issue. After adding some debug code to dump the guest VM
console when the failure hits, the API call for the console request
returns no data. This leads me to believe the guest VM is not even
running at this point. Further, this always happens in the
resize/restart cases.

I've updated the bug below with my findings. Can someone from nova
have a look at some of these failure and confirm my findings?

Thanks!
Kyle

[1] https://bugs.launchpad.net/neutron/+bug/1323658