[openstack-dev] [qa] shared review dashboard proposal

David Kranz dkranz at redhat.com
Tue Jun 10 14:46:47 UTC 2014

On 06/09/2014 02:24 PM, Sean Dague wrote:
> On 06/09/2014 01:38 PM, David Kranz wrote:
>> On 06/02/2014 06:57 AM, Sean Dague wrote:
>>> Towards the end of the summit there was a discussion about us using a
>>> shared review dashboard to see if a common view by the team would help
>>> accelerate people looking at certain things. I spent some time this
>>> weekend working on a tool to make building custom dashboard urls much
>>> easier.
>>>
>>> My current proposal is the following, and would like comments on it:
>>> https://github.com/sdague/gerrit-dash-creator/blob/master/dashboards/qa-program.dash
>>>
>>> All items in the dashboard are content that you've not voted on in the
>>> current patch revision, that you don't own, and that have passing
>>> Jenkins test results.
>>>
>>> 1. QA Specs - these need more eyes, so we highlight them at top of page
>>> 2. Patches that are older than 5 days, with no code review
>>> 3. Patches that you are listed as a reviewer on, but haven't voting on
>>> current version
>>> 4. Patches that already have a +2, so should be landable if you agree.
>>> 5. Patches that have no negative code review feedback on them
>>> 6. Patches older than 2 days, with no code review
>> Thanks, Sean. This is working great for me, but I think there is another
>> important item that is missing and hope it is possible to add, perhaps
>> even as among the most important items:
>>
>> Patches that you gave a -1, but the response is a comment explaining why
>> the -1 should be withdrawn rather than a new patch.
> So how does one automatically detect those using the gerrit query language?
>
> 	-Sean
Based on the docs I looked at, you can't. The one downside of every one
using a dashboard like this is that if a patch does not show in your
view, it is as if it does not exist for you. So at least for now, if you
want some one to remove a -1 based on some argument, you have to ping
them directly. Not the end of the world.

  -David