[openstack-dev] [neutron] [driverlog] Tail-f CI and it's lack of running and it's DriverLog status

Kyle Mestery mestery at noironetworks.com
Tue Jun 10 13:28:45 UTC 2014

On Mon, Jun 9, 2014 at 9:22 PM, Luke Gorrie <luke at tail-f.com> wrote:
> Howdy Kyle,
>
> On 9 June 2014 22:37, Kyle Mestery <mestery at noironetworks.com> wrote:
>>
>> After talking with various infra folks, we've noticed the Tail-f CI
>> system is not voting anymore. According to some informal research, the
>> last run for this CI setup was in April [1]. Can you verify this
>> system is still running? We will need this to be working by the middle
>> of Juno-2, with a history of voting or we may remove the Tail-f driver
>> from the tree.
>

> The history is that I have debugged the CI setup using the Sandbox repo
> hooks. Then I shut that down. The next step is to bring it up and connect it
> to the Neutron project Gerrit hook. I'll get on to that -- thanks for the
> prod.

Can you provide links to your voting history on the sandbox repository please?

> I am being very conservative about making changes to the way I interact with
> the core CI infrastructure because frankly I am scared of accidentally
> creating unintended wide-reaching consequences :).

Yes, it's good to have caution so you don't spam other reviews with
superfluous comments.

>> Also, along these lines, I'm curious why DriverLog reports this driver
>> "Green" and as tested [2]. What is the criteria for this? I'd like to
>> propose a patch changing this driver from "Green" to something else
>> since it's not running for the past few months.
>

> Fair question. I am happy to make the DriverLog reflect reality. Is
> DriverLog doing this based on the presence of a 'ci' section in
> default_data.json? (Is the needed patch to temporarily remove that section?)

Yes, I believe you can just submit a patch to DriverLog to reflect the
current status.

> I'll focus on getting my CI hooked up to the Neutron project hook in order
> to moot this issue anyway.

We'll keep an eye on this as well.

Thanks,
Kyle