[openstack-dev] use of the word certified

Duncan Thomas duncan.thomas at gmail.com
Tue Jun 10 13:06:21 UTC 2014

On 10 June 2014 09:33, Mark McLoughlin <markmc at redhat.com> wrote:

> Avoiding dragging the project into those sort of politics is something
> I'm really keen on, and why I think the word "certification" is best
> avoided so we can focus on what we're actually trying to achieve.

Avoiding those sorts of politics - 'XXX says it is a certified config,
it doesn't work, cinder is junk' - is why I'd rather the cinder core
team had a certification program, at least we've some control then and
*other* people can't impose their idea of certification on us. I think
politics happens, whether you will it or not, so a far more sensible
stance is to play it out in advance.

--
Duncan Thomas