[openstack-dev] [marconi] Reconsidering the unified API model

Gordon Sim gsim at redhat.com
Tue Jun 10 12:17:46 UTC 2014

On 06/09/2014 08:31 PM, Kurt Griffiths wrote:
> Lately we have been talking about writing drivers for traditional
> message brokers that will not be able to support the message feeds part
> of the API.

Could you elaborate a little on this point? In some sense of the term at
least, handling message feeds is what 'traditional' message brokers are
all about. What are 'message feeds' in the Marconi context, in more
detail? And what aspect of them is it that message brokers don't support?

> I’ve started to think that having a huge part of the API
> that may or may not “work”, depending on how Marconi is deployed, is not
> a good story for users

I agree, that certainly doesn't sound good.

--Gordon.