[openstack-dev] [TripleO] [Ironic] [Heat] Mid-cycle collaborative meetup

Clint Byrum clint at fewbar.com
Tue Jun 10 08:25:11 UTC 2014

Excerpts from Jaromir Coufal's message of 2014-06-08 16:44:58 -0700:
> Hi,
>
> it looks that there is no more activity on the survey for mid-cycle
> dates so I went forward to evaluate it.
>
> I created a table view into the etherpad [0] and results are following:
> * option1 (Jul 28 - Aug 1): 27 attendees - collides with Nova/Ironic
> * option2 (Jul 21-25)     : 27 attendees
> * option3 (Jul 25-29)     : 17 attendees - collides with Nova/Ironic
> * option4 (Aug 11-15)     : 13 attendees
>
> I think that we can remove options 3 and 4 from the consideration,
> because there is lot of people who can't make it. So we have option1 and
> option2 left. Since Robert and Devananda (PTLs on the projects) can't
> make option1, which also conflicts with Nova/Ironic meetup, I think it
> is pretty straightforward.
>
> Based on the survey the winning date for the mid-cycle meetup is
> option2: July 21th - 25th.
>
> Does anybody have very strong reason why we shouldn't fix the date for
> option2 and proceed forward with the organization for the meetup?

July 21-25 is also the shortest notice. I will not be able to attend
as plans have already been made for the summer and I've already been
travelling quite a bit recently, after all we were all just at the summit
a few weeks ago.

I question the reasoning that being close to FF is a bad thing, and
suggest adding much later dates. But I understand since the chosen dates
are so close, there is a need to make a decision immediately.

Alternatively, I suggest that we split Heat out of this, and aim at
later dates in August.