[openstack-dev] [ceilometer][gate] ceilometer unit test frequently failing in gate

Eoghan Glynn eglynn at redhat.com
Tue Jun 10 06:55:35 UTC 2014

> Over the last 7 days ceilometer unit test jobs have a 18% failure rate in the
> gate queue [0], while we see expect to see some failures in integration
> testing, unit tests should not be failing in the gate with such a high
> frequency (and for so long).
>
> It looks like these failures are due to two bugs [1] [2]. I would like to
> propose that until these bugs are resolved, that ceilometer refrain from
> approving patches as to not negatively impact the gate queue, which is
> already in a tenuous state.

Hi Joe,

Thanks for raising this.

We have approved patches addressing both persistent failures
in the verification queue:

  https://review.openstack.org/98953
  https://review.openstack.org/98820

BTW these data on per-project unit test failure rates sound
interesting and useful. Are these rates surfaced somewhere
easily consumable (by folks outside of the QA team)?

Cheers,
Eoghan