[openstack-dev] use of the word certified

Doug Hellmann doug.hellmann at dreamhost.com
Tue Jun 10 00:14:52 UTC 2014

On Mon, Jun 9, 2014 at 6:11 PM, Eoghan Glynn <eglynn at redhat.com> wrote:

>> Based on the discussion I'd like to propose these options:
>> 1. Cinder-certified driver - This is an attempt to move the "certification"
>> to the project level.
>> 2. CI-tested driver - This is probably the most accurate, at least for what
>> we're trying to achieve for Juno: Continuous Integration of Vendor-specific
>> Drivers.
>
> Hi Ramy,
>
> Thanks for these constructive suggestions.
>
> The second option is certainly a very direct and specific reflection of
> what is actually involved in getting the Cinder project's imprimatur.

I do like "tested."

I'd like to understand what the foundation is planning for
"certification" as well, to know how big of an issue this really is.
Even if they aren't going to certify drivers, I have heard discussions
around training and possibly other areas so I would hate for us to
introduce confusion by having different uses of that term in similar
contexts. Mark, do you know who is working on that within the board or
foundation?

Doug