[openstack-dev] [ceilometer][gate] ceilometer unit test frequently failing in gate

Joe Gordon joe.gordon0 at gmail.com
Tue Jun 10 00:09:01 UTC 2014

Over the last 7 days ceilometer unit test jobs have a 18% failure rate in
the gate queue [0], while we see expect to see some failures in integration
testing, unit tests should not be failing in the gate with such a high
frequency (and for so long).

It looks like these failures are due to two bugs [1] [2]. I would like to
propose that until these bugs are resolved, that ceilometer refrain from
approving patches as to not negatively impact the gate queue, which is
already in a tenuous state.

best,
Joe

[0]
http://logstash.openstack.org/#eyJmaWVsZHMiOltdLCJzZWFyY2giOiJtZXNzYWdlOlwiRmluaXNoZWQ6XCIgQU5EIHRhZ3M6XCJjb25zb2xlXCIgQU5EIHByb2plY3Q6XCJvcGVuc3RhY2svY2VpbG9tZXRlclwiIEFORCBidWlsZF9xdWV1ZTpcImdhdGVcIiBBTkQgKGJ1aWxkX25hbWU6XCJnYXRlLWNlaWxvbWV0ZXItcHl0aG9uMjdcIiBPUiAgYnVpbGRfbmFtZTpcImdhdGUtY2VpbG9tZXRlci1weXRob24yNlwiKSIsInRpbWVmcmFtZSI6IjYwNDgwMCIsImdyYXBobW9kZSI6ImNvdW50Iiwib2Zmc2V0IjowLCJ0aW1lIjp7InVzZXJfaW50ZXJ2YWwiOjB9LCJzdGFtcCI6MTQwMjM1NjkyMDE2MCwibW9kZSI6InNjb3JlIiwiYW5hbHl6ZV9maWVsZCI6ImJ1aWxkX3N0YXR1cyJ9
[1] https://bugs.launchpad.net/ceilometer/+bug/1323524
[2] https://bugs.launchpad.net/ceilometer/+bug/1327344