[openstack-dev] [Fuel] Using saltstack as orchestrator for fuel

Dmitriy Shulyak dshulyak at mirantis.com
Mon Jun 9 13:05:16 UTC 2014

Hi folks,

I know that sometime ago saltstack was evaluated to be used as orchestrator
in fuel, so I've prepared some initial specification, that addresses basic
points of integration, and general requirements for orchestrator.

In my opinion saltstack perfectly fits our needs, and we can benefit from
using mature orchestrator, that has its own community. I still dont have
all the answers, but , anyway, i would like to ask all of you to start a
review for specification

https://docs.google.com/document/d/1uOHgxM9ZT_2IdcmWvgpEfCMoV8o0Fk7BoAlsGHEoIfs/edit?usp=sharing

I will place it in fuel-docs repo as soon as specification will be full
enough to start POC, or if you think that spec should placed there as is, i
can do it now

Thank you