[openstack-dev] [TripleO][Fuel] relationship btw TripleO and Fuel

Robert Collins robertc at robertcollins.net
Mon Jun 9 08:56:40 UTC 2014

Well, fuel devs are also hacking on TripleO :) I don't know the exact
timelines but I'm certainly hopeful that we'll see long term
convergence - as TripleO gets more capable, more and more of Fuel
could draw on TripleO facilities, for instance.

-Rob

On 9 June 2014 19:41, LeslieWang <wqyuwss at hotmail.com> wrote:
> Dear all,
>
> Seems like both Fuel and TripleO are designed to solve problem of complex
> Openstack installation and Deployment. TripleO is using Heat for
> orchestration. If we can define network creation, OS provision and
> deployment in Heat template, seems like they can achieve similar goal. So
> can anyone explain the difference of these two projects, and future roadmap
> of each of them? Thanks!
>
> TripleO is a program aimed at installing, upgrading and operating OpenStack
> clouds using OpenStack's own cloud facilities as the foundations - building
> on nova, neutron and heat to automate fleet management at datacentre scale
> (and scaling down to as few as 2 machines).
>
> Fuel is an all-in-one control plane for automated hardware discovery,
> network verification, operating systems provisioning and deployment of
> OpenStack. It provides user-friendly Web interface for installations
> management, simplifying OpenStack installation up to a few clicks.
>
> Best Regards
> Leslie

Robert Collins <rbtcollins at hp.com>
Distinguished Technologist