[openstack-dev] [Ironic] Our gate status // getting better at rechecks

Lucas Alvares Gomes lucasagomes at gmail.com
Fri Jun 6 11:19:42 UTC 2014

On Fri, Jun 6, 2014 at 3:18 AM, David Shrewsbury
<shrewsbury.dave at gmail.com> wrote:
> FYI for all,
>
> I have posted http://review.openstack.org/98201 in an attempt to at least
> give *some* warning to developers that a change to one of the public
> methods on classes we derive from may have consequences to Ironic.
> I have WIP'd it until 97757 lands.

Thanks David, that will help a lot until we get the driver merged into nova.

> On Thu, Jun 5, 2014 at 7:51 PM, Devananda van der Veen
> <devananda.vdv at gmail.com> wrote:
>>
>> Quick update for those who are following along but may not be on IRC right
>> now.
>>
>> The gate (not just ours -- the gate for all of openstack, which Ironic
>> is a part of) is having issues right now. See Sean's email for details
>> on that, and what you can do to help
>>
>>   http://lists.openstack.org/pipermail/openstack-dev/2014-June/036810.html
>>
>> Also, a patch landed in Nova which completely broke Ironic's unit and
>> tempest tests two days ago. Blame me if you need to blame someone -- I

No one to blame here, this is a problem with having an out-of-tree
driver and it's better that it happened now than later, at least we
are at the beginning of the cycle and that gives us enough time to fix
it and add some sanity checks like @David is doing to prevent it from
happening again.