[openstack-dev] [Neutron] Default routes to SNAT gateway in DVR

Wuhongning wuhongning at huawei.com
Fri Jun 6 04:21:12 UTC 2014

sorry it's very strange that I can't receive any mail with [neutron] tag, but [nova] is ok. So I just find reply thread from archives.

So, will this additional port and vxlan tunnel be the same concept I've mentioned as "interconnect network"? It should works, but bring another question: if CN has no vxlan provider network configed in neutron.conf(only vlan provider is used), will it mean that I can't use DVR snat?

Also, another gw ip is occupied, it seems a little strange for user.

Here is another idea: can we let the central NN snat use DVR logical mac? Then we can config each CN router's next hop to NN snat out from the device where it received packet, with next hop ip can also be the gw interface ip(no need for second ip), if we delete all gw interface ip from all DVR router's local table.

I've done test in sles sp2, and it works!

Vivek,
CN to NN Vxlan tunnel is something user/customer configured ?
Or DVR is mandating this VxLan tunnel to reach from NN from CN ?
Means the packets are encapsulated over network even they are not mandated to do so ?

Then there should be standard if something is getting done like this.

Thanks & regards,
Keshava.A