[openstack-dev] [Ironic] Our gate status // getting better at rechecks

Devananda van der Veen devananda.vdv at gmail.com
Thu Jun 5 23:51:36 UTC 2014

Quick update for those who are following along but may not be on IRC right now.

The gate (not just ours -- the gate for all of openstack, which Ironic
is a part of) is having issues right now. See Sean's email for details
on that, and what you can do to help

  http://lists.openstack.org/pipermail/openstack-dev/2014-June/036810.html

Also, a patch landed in Nova which completely broke Ironic's unit and
tempest tests two days ago. Blame me if you need to blame someone -- I
looked at the patch and thought it was fine, and so did a couple
nova-core. That is why all your Ironic patches are failing unit tests
and tempest tests, and they will keep failing until 97757 lands.
Unfortunately, the whole gate queue is backed up, so this fix has
already been in the queue for ~24hrs, and will probably take another
day, at least, to land.

In the meantime, what can you do to help? Keep working on bug fixes in
Ironic and in the nova.virt.ironic driver, and help review incoming
specifications. See Sean's email, look at the elastic recheck status
page, write E-R queries, and help fix those bugs. If you're not sure
how to help with rechecks, join #openstack-qa.

If you're an ironic-core member, please don't approve any patches
until after 97757 lands -- and then, I think we should only be
approving important bug fixes until the gate stabilizes.

Thanks,
Devananda