[openstack-dev] [Trove] Idea of sample admin_{user, tenant_name, password} in api-paste.ini instead of admin_token

Shuichiro Makigaki shuichiro.makigaki at gmail.com
Thu Jun 5 15:21:21 UTC 2014

Hi developers,

If you have a chance it would be great to hear any feedback.

I opened a new ticket about  admin_{user,tenant_name,
password}:
https://bugs.launchpad.net/trove/+bug/1299332

In this ticket, I suggest following changes in api-paste.ini:
+admin_tenant_name = %SERVICE_TENANT_NAME%
+admin_user = %SERVICE_USER%
+admin_password = %SERVICE_PASSWORD%

Some of other OpenStack components have them in api-paste.ini as default.
However, Trove doesn't have yet after admin_token was removed by
https://bugs.launchpad.net/trove/+bug/1325482.

Actually, I don't think it's a critical bug. Tests and devstack will
add them automatically.
However, it's important for packaging, and also helpful for Trove
beginners ( like me :-) ) who try to install Trove from source code
following documents.

In addition, this is mentioned by Thomas Goirand in
https://bugs.launchpad.net/trove/+bug/1299332. He is also afraid about
complexity of package validation by Tempest.

Again, please give me feedback if you are interested.

Regards,
Makkie