[openstack-dev] [nova] Proposal: Move CPU and memory allocation ratio out of scheduler

Day, Phil philip.day at hp.com
Thu Jun 5 13:54:47 UTC 2014

I'm not sure why you would want it that way round - aggregates lets me set/change the value of a number of hosts, and change the set of hosts that the values apply to.    That in general seems a much better model for operators that having to manage things on a per host basis.

Why not keep the current model where an aggregate  setting overrides the "default" - that will now come from the host config rather that scheduler config ?

Cheers,
Phil