[openstack-dev] [solum] reviews for the new API

Roshan Agrawal roshan.agrawal at RACKSPACE.COM
Wed Jun 4 22:12:05 UTC 2014

I documented a starting point for "What can be customized in the CI Pipeline". Hopefully this helps in the design discussion

Take a look at the google docs below:
https://docs.google.com/document/d/1a0yjxKWbwnY7g9NZtYALEZdm1g8Uf4fixDZLAgRBZCU/edit?pli=1#

From: Adrian Otto [mailto:adrian.otto at rackspace.com]
Sent: Wednesday, June 04, 2014 2:58 PM
To: OpenStack Development Mailing List (not for usage questions)
Subject: Re: [openstack-dev] [solum] reviews for the new API

Good question Randall.

Either we implement some workflow, which is what we do now that is not configurable, or we adopt another workflow system. We figured that using an existing workflow system would be smarter than duplicating one by making Solum any more configurable.

We have plans to allow the workflow component to be pluggable, so if you prefer to have Jenkins or xyz underneath, that would be possible.

We selected Mistral as a first implementation attempt since we already use a devstack environment for the basic deployment, and adding Mistral to that is rather easy.

Adrian