[openstack-dev] [ironic workflow question]

Lucas Alvares Gomes lucasagomes at gmail.com
Wed Jun 4 15:00:28 UTC 2014

On Wed, Jun 4, 2014 at 2:51 PM, 严超 <yanchao727 at gmail.com> wrote:
> Yes, but when you assign a "production" image to an ironic bare metal node.
> You should provide ramdisk_id and kernel_id.
> Should the ramdisk_id and kernel_id be the same as deploy images (aka the
> first set of k+r) ?
> You didn't answer me if the two sets of r + k should be the same ?

No it should _not_ be the same kernel and ramdisk, the deploy ramdisk
is a special ramdisk with a modified init script to help with the
deployment of the node[1]. For the image you're deploying you should
use it's own ramdisk and kernel, you can take a look at how the
load-image script[2] from TripleO extracts the kernel and ramdisk from
the image and register everything with Glance.

[1] https://github.com/openstack/diskimage-builder/tree/master/elements/deploy-ironic
[2] https://github.com/openstack/tripleo-incubator/blob/master/scripts/load-image