[openstack-dev] [heat] Resource action API

yang zhang neil.zhangyang at hotmail.com
Wed Jun 4 07:01:41 UTC 2014

Hi all,   Now heat only supports suspending/resuming a whole stack, all the resources of the stack will be suspended/resumed,but sometime we just want to suspend or resume only a part of resources in the stack, so I think adding resource-action API for heat isnecessary. this API will be helpful to solve 2 problems:    - If we want to suspend/resume the resources of the stack, you need to get the phy_id first and then call the API of other services, and this won't update the statusof the resource in heat, which often cause some unexpected problem.    - this API could offer a turn on/off function for some native resources, e.g., we can turn on/off the autoscalinggroup or a single policy with the API, this is like the suspend/resume services feature[1] in AWS.   I registered a bp for it, and you are welcome for discussing it.        https://blueprints.launchpad.net/heat/+spec/resource-action-api
[1]  http://docs.aws.amazon.com/AutoScaling/latest/DeveloperGuide/US_SuspendResume.html
Regards!Zhang Yang